Faculty, Please Announce This to Your Students
Blinn College has received a grant to award scholarships that will help students pursue high-demand careers in science, technology, engineering and math. Blinn can award approximately 171 scholarships worth $2,500 apiece through the Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (T-STEM) Challenge Scholarship Program.
The program is funded by a grant provided to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board from the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corp. and allows community and technical colleges to provide merit-based scholarships to qualifying, high-achieving students pursuing careers in STEM and related fields. (See list below)
To be eligible, students must:
· have graduated from a Texas high school with at least a 3.0 grade point average on a four-point scale in mathematics and science courses.
· be enrolled at or plan to enroll at Blinn and declared in a T-STEM instructional program.
· agree to work no more than 15 hours per week in the chosen instructional program area or related field, or for a business participating in the T-STEM Scholarship Program.
· be a full-time student and plan to attempt at least 30 credit hours during the academic year (fall, spring, and summer)
· have a statement on file with Blinn indicating the student is registered with the Selective Service System as required by federal law or is exempted from Selective Service registration under federal law.
If you believe you meet these criteria, you are encouraged to apply. We still have over 150 of these scholarships to award!
Awards are on a first come first serve basis. If you qualify and there are funds remaining, you will receive an award. The application can be obtained from the Blinn Scholarship Web Page: www.blinn.edu/finaid/scholar.html.
Eligible Blinn Majors: Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Math, Dental Hygiene, Rad Tech, Physical Therapy Assistant, EMS, Paramedic, Pre-ADN, Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, and Information Management.